Risingshadow is one of the largest science fiction and fantasy book databases.
Here you can find detailed book information and absorbing reviews.
Run by dedicated speculative fiction fans for other bookworms!
- A review of Justin Isis' Divorce Procedures for the Hairdressers of a Metallic and Inconstant Goddess
- A review of Michael W. Garza's Tribes of Decay
- A review of Danie Ware's Ecko trilogy (Ecko Rising, Ecko Burning and Ecko Endgame)
- GIVEAWAY: Jottings from a Far Away Place by Brendan Connell and Blue on Blue by Quentin S. Crisp
- A review of David Rix's A Suite in Four Windows
|Reading now||0 times|
|Reading list||0 times|
|Browsed last 7 days|
Above His Proper Station(The Fall of the Sorcerers, #2)
Anrel Murau, a simple scholar, is secretly the notorious revolutionary Alvos the Orator — the Empire’s most wanted man. On the run and nearly penniless, Anrel finds himself forced to seek refuge in the capital city’s Pensioner’s Quarter, a den of thieves, murderers, and con men. Barely scraping out an existence on the fringe of respectable society, Anrel never forgets his demands for justice, nor the love of the woman he left behind.
The civil unrest that has long been simmering in the Empire is beginning to boil over into violent protests and Anrel’s enemy, Lord Allutar, continues to corrupt the Grand Council.
But Anrel’s alter ego, Alvos the Orator, has taken on a life of his own and many factions in the Grand Council seek a way to harness his followers’ political might for their own ends. Which means they need Anrel to take on a surprising new role and gain access to one of the Empire’s greatest secrets to stop the rampant evil.
The adventure of Alvos the Orator continues with more action, more intrigue, and more suspense than ever before as Anrel seeks to clear his name and seek retribution against his old enemy once and for all.