Risingshadow is one of the largest science fiction and fantasy book databases.
Here you can find detailed book information and absorbing reviews.
Run by dedicated speculative fiction fans for other bookworms!
- An interview with Scarlett Amaris and Melissa St. Hilaire
- A review of Patrick Rothfuss' The Slow Regard of Silent Things
- GUEST POST by Gail Z. Martin and Larry N. Martin: Hell with the Lid Off — The Perfect Setting for Steampunk
- A review of Gabrielle Faust's Eternal Vigilance: From Deep within the Earth
- GIVEAWAY: Deadly Curiosities and Reign of Ash by Gail Z. Martin
|Reading now||0 times|
|Reading list||2 times|
|Browsed last 7 days|
Halo: Contact Harvest(Halo, #5)
This is how it began...
It is the year 2524. Harvest is a peaceful, prosperous farming colony on the very edge of human-controlled space. But we have trespassed on holy ground – strayed into the path of an aggressive alien empire known as the Covenant. What begins as a chance encounter between an alien privateer and a human freighter catapults mankind into a struggle for its very existence.
But humanity is also locked in a bitter civil war known as the Insurrection. So the survival of Harvest's citizens falls to a squad of battle-weary UNSC Marines and their inexperienced colonial militia trainees. In this unlikely group of heroes, one stands above the rest... a young Marine staff sergeant named Avery Johnson.