Veil's Visit: A Taste of Hap and Leonard
(only to read)
|Browsed (7 days)||19|
Booklist called them "two of the unlikeliest but most likable amateur detectives in crime fiction." The Chicago Tribune describes
them as "colorful... lunatic... like a twister." They're Hap Collins
and Leonard Pine, and if you've been reading Joe R. Lansdale's Hap
& Leonard novels – like Mucho Mojo, The Two-Bear Mambo, and Rumble Tumble – then this is the treat you've been waiting for. If you're one of the
fools who hasn't yet come around, then what you have here is just the
antidote to wise you up.
Visit," an original Hap & Leonard short story co-authored by Joe R.
Lansdale and Andrew Vachss, in which Leonard (finally!) gets dragged
into court to answer for burning down that crack house.
Outrageous," a novella-length standalone excerpt from Lansdale's next
Hap & Leonard novel, not due out until at least mid-2000.
- "Death by Chili," a brand-new Hap & Leonard short story by Lansdale
- And Lansdale "interviews" Hap & Leonard – a must if there's ever been one.
- Introductions by both Lansdale and Vachss!
- Original story notes by Lansdale!
- Excerpts from the Hap & Leonard novels, hand-picked by Lansdale himself!
All told, it's over 150 pages of great reading!
Edited by Seregil of Rhiminee
|Other books you might like |