Risingshadow is one of the largest science fiction and fantasy book databases.
Here you can find detailed book information and absorbing reviews.
Run by dedicated speculative fiction fans for other bookworms!
- A review of Vaughn Entwistle's The Revenant of Thraxton Hall
- A review of Justin Isis' Divorce Procedures for the Hairdressers of a Metallic and Inconstant Goddess
- A review of Michael W. Garza's Tribes of Decay
- A review of Danie Ware's Ecko trilogy (Ecko Rising, Ecko Burning and Ecko Endgame)
- GIVEAWAY: Jottings from a Far Away Place by Brendan Connell and Blue on Blue by Quentin S. Crisp
|Reading now||0 times|
|Reading list||1 times|
|Browsed last 7 days|
The House of the Four Winds(One Dozen Daughters, #1)
From the New York Times bestselling coauthors, a charming romantic fantasy
Mercedes Lackey is the New York Times bestselling author of the Valdemar series and romantic fantasies like Beauty and the Werewolf and The Fairy Godmother. Now these New York Times and USA Today bestselling collaborators bring romance to the fore with The House of Four Winds.
The rulers of tiny, impoverished Swansgaard have twelve daughters and one son. While the prince’s future is assured, his twelve sisters must find their own fortunes.
Disguising herself as Clarence, a sailor, Princess Clarice intends to work her way to the New World. When the crew rebels, Clarice/Clarence, an expert wth rapier and dagger, sides with the handsome navigator, Dominick, and kills the cruel captain.
Dominick leads the now-outlawed crew in search of treasure in the secret pirate haven known as The House of Four Winds. They encounter the sorceress Shamal, who claims Dominick for her own — but Clarice has fallen hard for Dominick and won’t give him up without a fight.
Full of swashbuckling adventure, buoyant magic, and irrepressible charm, The House of the Four Winds is a lighthearted fantasy romp by a pair of bestselling writers.