Risingshadow is one of the largest science fiction and fantasy book databases.
Here you can find detailed book information and absorbing reviews.
Run by dedicated speculative fiction fans for other bookworms!
- A review of Lord Horror #7 (Hard Core Horror #5) and Lord Horror #8 (Reverbstorm #1)
- A review of Kenny Soward's Rough Magic
- GUEST POST (AND GIVEAWAY): Life (almost) imitating art by Sean Benham, author of Blope
- A review of D.E.M. Emrys' From Man to Man
- A review of Lord Horror: Reverbstorm (script by David Britton, art by John Coulthart)
|Reading now||0 times|
|Reading list||0 times|
|Browsed last 7 days|
Edited by Charlaine Harris and Toni L. P. Kelner.
Never-before-published vampire stories by Charlaine Harris, Jim Butcher, Kelley Armstrong, and many others.
Suspenseful, surprising, sometimes dark, sometimes humorous – these all-new stories will ensure that readers never think of vampires (or birthdays) in quite the same way again.
In New York Times bestselling author Charlaine Harris's "Dracula Night," Sookie Stackhouse is the only human at the annual commemoration of Dracula's birth. But this year, the Prince of Darkness actually shows up – and finds Sookie to be a tasty-looking present.
New York Times bestselling author Jim Butcher's crime-solving wizard Harry Dresden, of the Dresden Files novels, heads to a role-playing party to give his vampire brother a birthday present in "It's My Birthday Too," only to discover there are some bloodthirsty party crashers who don't share their brotherly love.
In "Twilight," Cassandra DuCharme, who appeared in New York Times bestselling author Kelley Armstrong's Dime Store Magic, knows she has to kill to live as a vampire another year – but finds herself disturbingly disinterested in the hunt.
Plus ten more bloody good birthday stories that take the cake.
- Preface: A Few Words Charlaine Harris and Toni L. P. Kelner
- Dracula Night by Charlaine Harris
- The Mournful Cry of Owls by Christopher Golden
- I Was a Teenage Vampire by Bill Crider
- Twilight by Kelley Armstrong
- It's My Birthday, Too by Jim Butcher
- Grave-Robbed by P. N. Elrod
- The First Day of the Rest of Your Life by Rachel Caine
- The Witch and the Wicked by Jeanne C. Stein
- Blood Wrapped by Tanya Huff
- The Wish by Carolyn Haines
- Fire Ice and Linguini for Two by Tate Hallaway
- Vampire Hours by Elaine Viets
- How Stella Got Her Grave Back by Toni L. P. Kelner