Risingshadow is one of the largest science fiction and fantasy book databases.
Here you can find detailed book information and absorbing reviews.
Run by dedicated speculative fiction fans for other bookworms!
- A review of Lord Horror #7 (Hard Core Horror #5) and Lord Horror #8 (Reverbstorm #1)
- A review of Kenny Soward's Rough Magic
- GUEST POST (AND GIVEAWAY): Life (almost) imitating art by Sean Benham, author of Blope
- A review of D.E.M. Emrys' From Man to Man
- A review of Lord Horror: Reverbstorm (script by David Britton, art by John Coulthart)
|Reading now||0 times|
|Reading list||0 times|
|Browsed last 7 days|
World Fantasy Award nominee for Best Novella 1987.
Frank Cotton's insatiable appetite for the dark pleasures of pain led him to the puzzle of Lemarchand's box, and from there, to a death only a sick-minded soul could invent. But his brother's love-crazed wife, Julia, has discovered a way to bring Frank back – though the price will be bloody and terrible... and there will certainly be hell to pay.
The Hellbound Heart is an amazing dark fantasy and horror novella. Clive Barker's dark and disturbing visions are simply brilliant and The Hellbound Heart is without a doubt one of his best stories.
The Hellbound Heart is a unique and unforgettable story about love, death and passion. The story works perfectly as a novella (I think it's good that Clive Barker wrote didn't try to prolong the story).
If you like this story, you should watch the movie (Hellraiser) which is based on this novella, because Clive Barker directed it himself.