Risingshadow is one of the largest science fiction and fantasy book databases.
Here you can find detailed book information and absorbing reviews.
Run by dedicated speculative fiction fans for other bookworms!
- A review of Lord Horror #7 (Hard Core Horror #5) and Lord Horror #8 (Reverbstorm #1)
- A review of Kenny Soward's Rough Magic
- GUEST POST (AND GIVEAWAY): Life (almost) imitating art by Sean Benham, author of Blope
- A review of D.E.M. Emrys' From Man to Man
- A review of Lord Horror: Reverbstorm (script by David Britton, art by John Coulthart)
|Reading now||0 times|
|Reading list||0 times|
|Browsed last 7 days|
At the Earth's Core(Pellucidar, #1)
First published in All-Story Weekly during April 1914. First collected in book form by A.C. McClurg in 1922.
Foreseeing only a dreadful death when their scientific experiment went wrong, David Innes and his companion hurtled through endless subterranean miles until they broke through into a strange inner world at the earth's core.
Pellucidar! A land of no horizon and eternal day. A world of weird beauty and terrifying peril, where ferocious monsters unknown to man, and beasts from a prehistoric age long forgotten on earth, roam the forests and swamps, and where the hideous and savage Mahars keep a race of primitive men and women in abject slavery.