Risingshadow is one of the largest science fiction and fantasy book databases.
Here you can find detailed book information and absorbing reviews.
Run by dedicated speculative fiction fans for other bookworms!
- A review of Lord Horror #7 (Hard Core Horror #5) and Lord Horror #8 (Reverbstorm #1)
- A review of Kenny Soward's Rough Magic
- GUEST POST (AND GIVEAWAY): Life (almost) imitating art by Sean Benham, author of Blope
- A review of D.E.M. Emrys' From Man to Man
- A review of Lord Horror: Reverbstorm (script by David Britton, art by John Coulthart)
|Reading now||0 times|
|Reading list||0 times|
|Browsed last 7 days|
Merlin's Wood, or, The Vision of Magic.
Broceliande. This was the forest of legend where Merlin came to dream
his magic and the enchantress Vivien had come to beguile that magic
Martin and Rebecca have long since fled the forest. But returning years later for their mother's funeral they are at once ensnared by the forest's net of enchantment – an evil that has held the local villages, as far west as the stone-tattooed land of Carnac, in a root-strong grip.
And when Rebecca gives birth to Daniel – a beautiful child who is deaf, dumb and blind – she finds herself sucked into a twilight world, where she begins to lose the power of song and can see only strange, mysterious shadows. Thus begins a tragic encounter with the past that will eventually transform into an astonishing Vision of Magic.