Risingshadow is one of the largest science fiction and fantasy book databases.
Here you can find detailed book information and absorbing reviews.
Run by dedicated speculative fiction fans for other bookworms!
- A review of Lord Horror #7 (Hard Core Horror #5) and Lord Horror #8 (Reverbstorm #1)
- A review of Kenny Soward's Rough Magic
- GUEST POST (AND GIVEAWAY): Life (almost) imitating art by Sean Benham, author of Blope
- A review of D.E.M. Emrys' From Man to Man
- A review of Lord Horror: Reverbstorm (script by David Britton, art by John Coulthart)
|Reading now||0 times|
|Reading list||0 times|
|Browsed last 7 days|
The great epic of the world beneath the Bloody Sun known as Darkover did not begin with the coming of the Terrans. It began far earlier, during the dark days of the civilization that came to be known as the Ages of Chaos. For in those years the power of the matrix was first learned – and misused in a power struggle between the rising Domains. That mental-physical force created a technology that threatened to make Darkover into a frightening duplicate of all that was bad in far-off Terra.
Stormqueen! is Marion Zimmer Bradley's first novel of the days when the matrix was in the hands of ambitious men, when genetic tampering was producing prodigies and wielders of strange powers, and when the heir of the Hasturs met his destiny in the persons of the witch-woman he loved and the mutant girl-child he had pledged to protect.