Risingshadow is one of the largest science fiction and fantasy book databases.
Here you can find detailed book information and absorbing reviews.
Run by dedicated speculative fiction fans for other bookworms!
- A review of Lord Horror #7 (Hard Core Horror #5) and Lord Horror #8 (Reverbstorm #1)
- A review of Kenny Soward's Rough Magic
- GUEST POST (AND GIVEAWAY): Life (almost) imitating art by Sean Benham, author of Blope
- A review of D.E.M. Emrys' From Man to Man
- A review of Lord Horror: Reverbstorm (script by David Britton, art by John Coulthart)
|Reading now||0 times|
|Reading list||0 times|
|Browsed last 7 days|
1864: A Confederate soldier named Braxton Heller returns home from battle to find his beloved wife has been brutally murdered and buried at some unknown location on the plantation of Magnolia. For days he digs the battle-scarred earth, but succumbs to pneumonia before he can locate her remains. When he dies and crosses over to the other side, he expects to find her waiting. But her soul isn't there...
1994: It's supposed to be the start of a new beginning for best-selling author Laura Locke and her husband, Rick, when they buy and restore a burned-down Tennessee plantation. Yet from the moment they move in, weird things start to happen. Laura's personality and looks change. Rick becomes obsessed with guns and Civil War history. And their sex life takes on a violent edge. Only when it's too late does the final piece of a terrifying puzzle fall into place and a chilling nightmare that began over a century before hurtles toward a horrifying climax!