Risingshadow is one of the largest science fiction and fantasy book databases.
Here you can find detailed book information and absorbing reviews.
Run by dedicated speculative fiction fans for other bookworms!
- A review of Kenny Soward's Rough Magic
- GUEST POST (AND GIVEAWAY): Life (almost) imitating art by Sean Benham, author of Blope
- A review of D.E.M. Emrys' From Man to Man
- A review of Lord Horror: Reverbstorm (script by David Britton, art by John Coulthart)
- A review of Martha Wells' Emilie and the Hollow World
|Reading now||0 times|
|Reading list||0 times|
|Browsed last 7 days|
Millions of tiny robots dismantle Atlantic City. A Luddite encounters time travelers near the moment of Singularity. A young boy may have just destroyed the entire Eastern Seaboard. By turns haunting and humorous, Gardner Dozois's acclaimed short fiction is finally collected in a definitive edition of his work.
Including Nebula Award winners such as "Morning Child" and nominees "Disciples" and "A Dream at Noonday," When the Great Days Come is a must for any science fiction reader. When the Great Days Come proves that Dozois is not just one of science fiction's best editors of short fiction, but one of its best writers as well.
- Introduction by Robert Silverberg
- The Hanging Curve
- When the Great Days Came
- The Peacemaker
- Fairy Tale
- Chains of the Sea
- A Cat Horror Story
- Ancestral Voices (with Michael Swanwick)
- Dinner Party
- A Dream at Noonday
- A Special Kind of Morning
- Morning Child
- A Kingdom by the Sea
- A Knight of Ghosts and Shadows