Risingshadow is one of the largest science fiction and fantasy book databases.
Here you can find detailed book information and absorbing reviews.
Run by dedicated speculative fiction fans for other bookworms!
- A review of Lord Horror #7 (Hard Core Horror #5) and Lord Horror #8 (Reverbstorm #1)
- A review of Kenny Soward's Rough Magic
- GUEST POST (AND GIVEAWAY): Life (almost) imitating art by Sean Benham, author of Blope
- A review of D.E.M. Emrys' From Man to Man
- A review of Lord Horror: Reverbstorm (script by David Britton, art by John Coulthart)
|Reading now||0 times|
|Reading list||0 times|
|Browsed last 7 days|
Featuring previously unpublished and uncollected treasures from a much-beloved fantasy icon, this collection is a rare treat, particularly for fans of The Last Unicorn. A romp through the filing cabinet of Peter S. Beagle’s imagination, it is an unexpected glimpse into the curios, curiosities, and capstones of his later fiction. Included is a novella-length adventure of the Last Unicorn, in which she bands together with a duo of ambivalent demons to seek out her lost brethren.
There are additional chapters from Beagle’s first novel, A Fine & Private Place, from an unpublished novel, Mirror Kingdoms, and even snippets from his childhood and teen-aged years. Correspondence, running commentary, and interviews with Beagle give delightful insight into his creative process. This lovingly-curated volume is a hoard of unexpected riches to surprise and delight readers young and old.