Risingshadow is one of the largest science fiction and fantasy book databases.
Here you can find detailed book information and absorbing reviews.
Run by dedicated speculative fiction fans for other bookworms!
- A review of Lord Horror #7 (Hard Core Horror #5) and Lord Horror #8 (Reverbstorm #1)
- A review of Kenny Soward's Rough Magic
- GUEST POST (AND GIVEAWAY): Life (almost) imitating art by Sean Benham, author of Blope
- A review of D.E.M. Emrys' From Man to Man
- A review of Lord Horror: Reverbstorm (script by David Britton, art by John Coulthart)
|Reading now||0 times|
|Reading list||0 times|
|Browsed last 7 days|
The Key(The Magnificent 12, #3)
Time is short for Mack MacAvoy and the Magnifica! Mack hates doing homework (that's what golems are for), but it seems that the only way to defeat the Pale Queen and her evil daughter, Risky, is to learn the magical language of Vargran. If only ancient, magical languages came with cheat sheets...
...Oh! But they do! (Or at least, this one does. We can't speak for any other ancient, magical languages.)
Mack, Jarrah, Xiao, Dietmar, and Stefan travel to Europe to find the Key, an engraved stone that unlocks the power of Vargran. But can they locate the invisible castle of William "Blisterthong" MacGuffin, who guards the Key?
(Yeah, we said "Blisterthong." Yeah, it's as painful as it sounds.)
Mack has less than thirty days to master Vargran, round up the rest of the Magnifica, and defeat Princess Risky. Will the Key be enough? Or is there something else Mack must find in order to save the world?
The Magnificent 12: The Key is another fast-paced episode in bestselling Michael Grant's hysterically funny fantasy adventure.