Risingshadow is one of the largest science fiction and fantasy book databases.
Here you can find detailed book information and absorbing reviews.
Run by dedicated speculative fiction fans for other bookworms!
- A review of Lord Horror #7 (Hard Core Horror #5) and Lord Horror #8 (Reverbstorm #1)
- A review of Kenny Soward's Rough Magic
- GUEST POST (AND GIVEAWAY): Life (almost) imitating art by Sean Benham, author of Blope
- A review of D.E.M. Emrys' From Man to Man
- A review of Lord Horror: Reverbstorm (script by David Britton, art by John Coulthart)
|Reading now||0 times|
|Reading list||0 times|
|Browsed last 7 days|
The City in the Autumn Stars(Von Bek, #2)
A DISILLUSIONED REVOLUTIONARY AND A CYNICAL SCOT LOOKED DOWN ON THE GLEAMING SPIRES OF MIRENBURG...
Commited Republican and friend of Tom Paine, Manfred von Bek fled the Revolutionary Terror of Paris, pursued by the vengeful Montsorbier.
En route to the prosperous German city-state of Mirenburg, he was captivated by the elusive Libussa, Duchess of Crete. He also met a rather devious Scots aviationist. A student of the Montgolfier brothers, St Odhran had a scheme to swindle the credulous merchants of Mirenburg with a lot of hot air – and a massive balloon.
But dark, occult forces swirled beneath the placid, bourgeois surface of Mirenburg life. And soon von Bek and St Odhran were drawn into a fiendish subculture of Satanism every bit as terrifying as the fury of the Parisian Mob...