Risingshadow is one of the largest science fiction and fantasy book databases.
Here you can find detailed book information and absorbing reviews.
Run by dedicated speculative fiction fans for other bookworms!
- A review of Lord Horror #7 (Hard Core Horror #5) and Lord Horror #8 (Reverbstorm #1)
- A review of Kenny Soward's Rough Magic
- GUEST POST (AND GIVEAWAY): Life (almost) imitating art by Sean Benham, author of Blope
- A review of D.E.M. Emrys' From Man to Man
- A review of Lord Horror: Reverbstorm (script by David Britton, art by John Coulthart)
|Reading now||0 times|
|Reading list||0 times|
|Browsed last 7 days|
Introduction by Robert Bloch.
"THE OLDEST AND STRONGEST EMOTION OF MANKIND IS FEAR. AND THE OLDEST AND STRONGEST KIND OF FEAR IS FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN." – H. P. LOVECRAFT
This is the collection that true fans of horror fiction have been waiting for: sixteen of H.P. Lovecraft's most horrifying visions:
THE CALL OF CTHULHU – The first story in the infamous Cthulhu mythos – a creature spawned in the stars brings a menace of unimaginable evil to threaten all Mankind.
THE DUNWICH HORROR – An evil Man's desire to perform an unspeakable ritual leads him in search of the fabled text of The Necronomicon
THE COLOUR OUT OF SPACE – A horror from the skies – far worse than any nuclear fallout – transforms a man into a monster.
THE SHADOW OVER INNSMOUTH – Rising from the depths of the sea, an unspeakable horror engulfs a quiet New England town.
THE SHADOW OUT OF TIME – Lovecraft's masterpiece – the shocking revelation of the mysterious forces that hold all mankind in their fearsome grip.
- Introduction: Heritage of Horror, by Robert Bloch
- The Rats in the Walls
- The Picture in the House
- The Outsider
- Pickman's Model
- In the Vault
- The Music of Erich Zann
- The Call of Cthulhu
- The Dunwich Horror
- The Whisperer in Darkness
- The Colour Out of Space
- The Haunter of the Dark
- The Thing on the Doorstep
- The Shadow Over Innsmouth
- The Dreams in the Witch-House
- The Shadow Out of Time