Risingshadow is one of the largest science fiction and fantasy book databases.
Here you can find detailed book information and absorbing reviews.
Run by dedicated speculative fiction fans for other bookworms!
- A review of Kenny Soward's Rough Magic
- GUEST POST (AND GIVEAWAY): Life (almost) imitating art by Sean Benham, author of Blope
- A review of D.E.M. Emrys' From Man to Man
- A review of Lord Horror: Reverbstorm (script by David Britton, art by John Coulthart)
- A review of Martha Wells' Emilie and the Hollow World
|Reading now||0 times|
|Reading list||0 times|
|Browsed last 7 days|
Magic's Price(The Last Herald-Mage, #3)
The once-peaceful kingdom protected by the magic of its Herald-Mages - is now beseiged on all fronts. The king lies near death, the neighboring land of Karse wages a relentless war against Valdemar, and the forces led by a master of dark forbidden magic are massing to strike the final devastating blow against the kingdom. And Vanyel, the most powerful Herald-Mage Valdemar has ever known, has become the primary target of the evil which is reaching out to poison all the land.
With all his fellow mages slain, Vanyel alone remains to defend his people against the dark master's army. Yet a dream vision has relealed to Vanyel the fate which awates should he and his Companion Yfandes take up the dark master' challenge. And if either Vanyel or Yfandes falters, the dream will become a horrifying reality in which both Valdemar and its last Herald-Mage must pay the ultimate price.