Risingshadow is one of the largest science fiction and fantasy book databases.
Here you can find detailed book information and absorbing reviews.
Run by dedicated speculative fiction fans for other bookworms!
- A review of Lord Horror #7 (Hard Core Horror #5) and Lord Horror #8 (Reverbstorm #1)
- A review of Kenny Soward's Rough Magic
- GUEST POST (AND GIVEAWAY): Life (almost) imitating art by Sean Benham, author of Blope
- A review of D.E.M. Emrys' From Man to Man
- A review of Lord Horror: Reverbstorm (script by David Britton, art by John Coulthart)
|Reading now||0 times|
|Reading list||1 times|
|Browsed last 7 days|
Spindle's End(Folktales series)
All the creatures of the
forest and field and riverbank knew the infant was special. She was the
princess Briar-Rose, spirited away from the evil fairy Pernicia on her
name-day. But the curse was cast: some unknown time in the future, Rosie
would prick her finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel and fall into
a poisoned sleep from which no one could rouse her.
Katriona is the princess's kidnapper - and saviour. A young fairy, she is apprenticed to, and lives with, her aunt in the small village of Foggy Bottom. The two of them raise the princess as if she were their own in order to protect her. No other human, not even Rosie herself, knows her true identity.
But Pernicia is looking for her and Pernicia is formidably powerful and tirelessly intent on revenge for a defeat four hundred years old. Two village fairies and all the animals in the realm may not be able to save Rosie...