Risingshadow is one of the largest science fiction and fantasy book databases.
Here you can find detailed book information and absorbing reviews.
Run by dedicated speculative fiction fans for other bookworms!
- A review of Lord Horror #7 (Hard Core Horror #5) and Lord Horror #8 (Reverbstorm #1)
- A review of Kenny Soward's Rough Magic
- GUEST POST (AND GIVEAWAY): Life (almost) imitating art by Sean Benham, author of Blope
- A review of D.E.M. Emrys' From Man to Man
- A review of Lord Horror: Reverbstorm (script by David Britton, art by John Coulthart)
|Reading now||0 times|
|Reading list||0 times|
|Browsed last 7 days|
An orc is a fire plug of a fighting machine made of muscle, hide, talon and husk, with a villainous disposition and a mean sense of humor. And, of course, an orc is a poor dumb grunt – the much abused foot soldier of the Evil Horde of Darkness.
The usual last battle of Good against Evil is about to begin. Orc Captain Ashnak and his war-band know exactly what they can expect. The forces of Light are outnumbered, full of headstrong heroes devoid of tactics – but the Light's still going to win. Orcs – the sword fodder of the front line – will die by the thousands. Life's a bitch.
Grunts! is a triumphant tactical advance into comic fantasy territory by Mary Gentle, capturing the grim realism and grim comedy of sword and sorcery from the bad guy's point of view.