Risingshadow is one of the largest science fiction and fantasy book databases.
Here you can find detailed book information and absorbing reviews.
Run by dedicated speculative fiction fans for other bookworms!
- A review of Lord Horror #7 (Hard Core Horror #5) and Lord Horror #8 (Reverbstorm #1)
- A review of Kenny Soward's Rough Magic
- GUEST POST (AND GIVEAWAY): Life (almost) imitating art by Sean Benham, author of Blope
- A review of D.E.M. Emrys' From Man to Man
- A review of Lord Horror: Reverbstorm (script by David Britton, art by John Coulthart)
|Reading now||0 times|
|Reading list||0 times|
|Browsed last 7 days|
A collection of stories.
Fritz Leiber, author of the THE WANDERER, has a wickedly delightful sense of humor which finds science fiction a fertile field in which to flourish.
The stories in this first collection give vent, predominantly, to varying kinds of digs at the human establishment - wry, gentle, poignant and pointed. But as evidence that Mr. Leiber does not view the world through rose-coloured spectacles (and incidentally that he can turn his hand to any kind of writing), there are a couple of stories that bring one up with a startling lurch.
Indeed, this collection is a display of extraordinary ingenuity - and the happiest news is that it is the first of several to come...