Risingshadow is one of the largest science fiction and fantasy book databases.
Here you can find detailed book information and absorbing reviews.
Run by dedicated speculative fiction fans for other bookworms!
- A review of Lord Horror #7 (Hard Core Horror #5) and Lord Horror #8 (Reverbstorm #1)
- A review of Kenny Soward's Rough Magic
- GUEST POST (AND GIVEAWAY): Life (almost) imitating art by Sean Benham, author of Blope
- A review of D.E.M. Emrys' From Man to Man
- A review of Lord Horror: Reverbstorm (script by David Britton, art by John Coulthart)
|Reading now||0 times|
|Reading list||2 times|
|Browsed last 7 days|
Grimspace(The Jax Series, #1)
By all accounts, Sirantha Jax should have burned out years ago...
As the carrier of a rare gene, Jax has the ability to jump ships through grimspace – a talent which cuts into her life expectancy, but makes her a highly prized navigator for the Corp. But then the ship she's navigating crash-lands, and she's accused of killing everyone on board. It's hard for Jax to defend herself: she has no memory of the crash.
Now imprisoned and the subject of a ruthless interrogation, Jax is on the verge of madness. Then a mysterious man breaks into her cell, offering her freedom – for a price. March needs Jax to help his small band of rogue fighters break the Corp monopoly on interstellar travel – and establish a new breed of jumper.
Jax is only good at one thing – grimspace – and it will eventually kill her. So she may as well have some fun in the meantime...