Risingshadow is one of the largest science fiction and fantasy book databases.
Here you can find detailed book information and absorbing reviews.
Run by dedicated speculative fiction fans for other bookworms!
- A review of Lord Horror #7 (Hard Core Horror #5) and Lord Horror #8 (Reverbstorm #1)
- A review of Kenny Soward's Rough Magic
- GUEST POST (AND GIVEAWAY): Life (almost) imitating art by Sean Benham, author of Blope
- A review of D.E.M. Emrys' From Man to Man
- A review of Lord Horror: Reverbstorm (script by David Britton, art by John Coulthart)
|Reading now||0 times|
|Reading list||0 times|
|Browsed last 7 days|
Riven had been a successful writer of fantasy novels – until the climbing accident that left him with terrible injuries and killed his adored wife. Now, alone in their cottage on Skye with only his painful memories, Riven wonders if he will ever write again.
And then a stranger arrives, with a story of wanting a guide on a walking tour. Riven, indifferent, agrees – and finds himself led into another world. His world, the one he created. Minginish.
But Minginish is growing dark, poisoned by the anguish in Riven's soul. Strange beasts out of legend are seen in the land; the seasons are awry; there is unease and the threat of war. Can Riven heal the wounds – before they become fatal?
And so Michael Riven sets out on the strangest journey of his life, through a land that is both familiar and overwhelmingly different, a journey into danger, conflict and adventure. But can it bring both himself and his beloved land the peace they need?
The Way to Babylon is superb fantasy, set in a world no reader will want to leave.