Risingshadow is one of the largest science fiction and fantasy book databases.
Here you can find detailed book information and absorbing reviews.
Run by dedicated speculative fiction fans for other bookworms!
- A review of Lord Horror #7 (Hard Core Horror #5) and Lord Horror #8 (Reverbstorm #1)
- A review of Kenny Soward's Rough Magic
- GUEST POST (AND GIVEAWAY): Life (almost) imitating art by Sean Benham, author of Blope
- A review of D.E.M. Emrys' From Man to Man
- A review of Lord Horror: Reverbstorm (script by David Britton, art by John Coulthart)
- Published on Saturday, 17 July 2010 3:00 am
- Written by Seregil of Rhiminee
Chimaera Publications, publishers of Aurealis magazine and SpecFaction NSW are delighted to announce that the 2010 Aurealis Awards are now open to entries.
The Aurealis Awards, Australia's premier awards for Speculative Fiction, are for works of speculative fiction written by an Australian citizen, or permanent resident, and published for the first time between 1 November 2009 and 31 December 2010. This is an extension to the previous cut off to allow more time for entries.
The Awards’ founder, Dirk Strasser says, “With twelve categories ranging from Best Horror Short Story to Best Fantasy Novel, Young Adult Fiction and Children’s Picture Book, these awards truly cover the variety of literary works within the Speculative Fiction genre.”
“This is the first time the awards have been hosted by Sydney and we are confident that SpecFaction NSW Inc will maintain the high standard of excellence the Speculative Fiction community have come to expect,” Dirk added.
Entries close on Friday 31 December 2010. Finalists will be announced in late March 2011 and winners announced at a special presentation evening in Sydney in late April or early May 2011. For more information on the awards and to register your entry, go to the Aurealis Awards website at www.aurealisawards.com.