Risingshadow is one of the largest science fiction and fantasy book databases.
Here you can find detailed book information and absorbing reviews.
Run by dedicated speculative fiction fans for other bookworms!
- A review of Lord Horror #7 (Hard Core Horror #5) and Lord Horror #8 (Reverbstorm #1)
- A review of Kenny Soward's Rough Magic
- GUEST POST (AND GIVEAWAY): Life (almost) imitating art by Sean Benham, author of Blope
- A review of D.E.M. Emrys' From Man to Man
- A review of Lord Horror: Reverbstorm (script by David Britton, art by John Coulthart)
- Published on Sunday, 19 July 2009 3:00 am
- Written by Thialfi
An article about Jack Vance in New York Times.
Dan Simmons, the best-selling writer of horror and fantasy, described discovering Vance as “a revelation for me, like coming to Proust or Henry James. Suddenly you’re in the deep end of the pool. He gives you glimpses of entire worlds with just perfectly turned language. If he’d been born south of the border, he’d be up for a Nobel Prize.”Discuss this article in the forums (1 replies).
- Published on Monday, 13 July 2009 3:00 am
- Written by Thialfi
The Tähtifantasia award for best translated fantasy in 2008 was given to Ellen Kushner for her novel Thomas Riiminiekka (Thomas the Rhymer), published in Finnish by Vaskikirjat. The award is given by the Helsinki Science Fiction Society.
The book was translated by Johanna Vainikainen-Uusitalo and published by Vaskikirjat. Vainikainen-Uusitalo was also the translator for Jeff VanderMeer’s City of Saints and Madmen, which won the Tähtifantasia in 2007. Ellen Kushner is the Guest of Honor of Finncon 2010 in Jyväskylä.Discuss this article in the forums (1 replies).
- Europe's largest science fiction & fantasy event is coming
- The David Gemmell Legend Award
- David Eddings has died
- 2009 Mythopoeic Award Finalists
- 2008 Nebula Awards
- J. G. Ballard has died
- Hugo awards nominees announced
- Philip José Farmer has died
- Baby Doll by Sinisalo a Nebula nominee
- Thesis about Soviet chilren's fantasy fiction