Dark Voices: The Best from the Pan Book of Horror Stories.
British Fantasy Award nominee 1992.
Edited by Stephen Jones and Clarence Paget.
- Foreword by Clarence Paget and Stephen Jones
- Introductory Note by Herbert van Thal
- The Quiet Girl by Robert Holdstock
- Ringing the Changes by Robert Aickman
- Pornography by Ian McEwan
- The Emissary by Ray Bradbury
- The Hunter by David Case
- The Fly by George Langelaan
- Lucy Comes to Stay by Robert Bloch
- The Streets of Ashkelon by Harry Harrison
- No Flies on Frank by John Lennon
- Camera Obscura by Basil Copper
- The Speciality of the House by Stanley Ellin
- The Mangler by Stephen King
- Baby's Blood by Alan Ryan
- The Pan Book of Horror Stories: Index to Vol. 1-30 by Stephen Jones
- Afterword: Bringing the Horror Back Home by Stephen Jones
Stephen Jones (born 1953) is an acclaimed editor of numerous award-winning horror anthologies, and the author of several book-length studies of horror and fantasy films as well as an account of Lovecraft's early British publications. Jones has edited anthologies such as the Best New Horror series, Dark Terrors, The Mammoth Book of Vampires, The Mammoth Book of Zombies, The Mammoth Book of Dracula, The Mammoth Book of Frankenstein, The Mammoth Book of Vampire Stories by Women, The Vampire Stories of R. Chetwynd-Hayes and The Conan Chronicles, 1 and The Conan Chronicles, 2 by Robert E. Howard. Jones has also been co-editor of several books with Kim Newman, such as Horror: 100 Best Books and Horror: Another 100 Best Books with 200 essays on seminal horror books by acclaimed writers of this genre. Jones also edited Dancing with the Dark, a collection of stories of allegedly real life encounters with the paranormal by established horror writers. Jones has been the recipient of a Hugo award and many Bram Stoker Awards.
Dark Voices consists of six books. The current recommended reading order for the series is provided below.