Latest topics

Latest Posts

A review of Ramsey Campbell's The Seven Days of Cain

Seregil of Rhiminee
Administrator
Level: 102
Seregil of Rhiminee created the topic: A review of Ramsey Campbell's The Seven Days of Cain
9 years 6 months ago #1

Ramsey Campbell's new book, The Seven Days of Cain, was published in September 2010 by PS Publishing.

Ramsey Campbell is a British horror author, who has written several books and short stories.

Ramsey Campbell's official website can be found here.

Here's the official description of The Seven Days of Cain:

"I'm the voice you're not sure if you're hearing. I'm the man who tells you what to think and you believe you're thinking it yourself. Anything you do, I've already thought of it. You can't even dream unless I give you dreams. Perhaps you only see what I put into your head. I'm what you have for a soul..."

A street performer is murdered in Barcelona, and a playwright is tortured to death in New York. Andy Bentley is a photographer who works for his family's firm in a British suburb. Why is the killer emailing him to boast about the crimes? What did Andy do ten years ago that created the situation? As he tries to cope with a childless marriage and his ageing parents, what he called up begins to invade every aspect of his life. By the end he will have to confront not just the consequences of his actions but the uncertainty of reality itself, and how much that he loves will be destroyed?

And here's the review:

A REVIEW OF RAMSEY CAMPBELL'S THE SEVEN DAYS OF CAIN

Read more...

Online 39 visitors
Newest member: Alisa Gray
Total members: 5725