Review: The Archimage's Fourth Daughter by Lyndon Hardy

Seregil of Rhiminee
Administrator
Level: 99
Seregil of Rhiminee created the topic: Review: The Archimage's Fourth Daughter by Lyndon Hardy
3 months 13 hours ago #1

Lyndon Hardy's The Archimage's Fourth Daughter was published in December 2017.

Information about Lyndon Hardy:

Lyndon Hardy (1941- ) Author, prankster, grandfather.

He became interested in fantasy while wandering through the fringes of fandom when he was at Caltech. In addition to reading and writing, he has sporadic bursts of enthusiasm for collecting stamps and playing cards. As of yet, he has not figured out a plot line for a stamp collector who saves the world.

He published three fantasy novels for Ballantine/Del Rey in the 1980’s. They are now available again.

While at CalTech, in 1961 he organized and led what has been called the best college prank ever pulled - The Rose Bowl Card Stunt Caper.

He lives with his wife, Joan, in Torrance, California. Together they have two daughters and four living grandchildren.

Lyndon Hardy was born in Los Angeles, and except for a few years spent in Texas while growing up, has lived in California all his life. He received a BS in Physics from the California Institute of Technology in 1962 and a PhD in Physics from the University of California at Berkeley in 1966. For 30 years he worked at TRW helping to build ground station software for satellites. After retiring from aerospace, he cofounded a software consulting firm, Alodar Systems, specializing in business processes, ERP solutions, and application integration. In 2016, he retired the company and began a new full time career of writing. Time will tell if he still has any gas left in the tank.

Click here to visit his official website.

Information about The Archimage's Fourth Daughter:

Alodar placed his hands on Briana’s shoulders, paused for a moment more, and then said softly, “The answer is no.”

“You can’t do that!” Briana yelled back. “Even the Archimage has limits to his power. You admitted as much yourself. You cannot order me around like some serf of an Arcadian lord.”

“I do not order you to stay because I am the Archimage,” Alodar said. “I do so because I am your father.”

Briana felt the anger well within her like a brush fire suddenly out of control. She clinched her teeth so as not to say more. The library page had a key to this council chamber, she thought fiercely. It might take more than a single kiss to get it, but that is what she would have to do.

Fourth book in the Magic by the Numbers series. A stand alone novel that does not require any of the preceding volumes need to read first.

REVIEW OF THE ARCHIMAGE'S FOURTH DAUGHTER BY LYNDON HARDY

Read more...

Online 27 visitors
Newest member: Maya
Total members: 4957