Review: Emperor of Mu by Jason Beveridge

Seregil of Rhiminee
Administrator
Level: 99
Seregil of Rhiminee created the topic: Review: Emperor of Mu by Jason Beveridge
4 weeks 1 day ago #1

Jason Beveridge's Emperor of Mu was published in October 2017.

Information about Jason Beveridge (in his own words):

"My creative journey began while living in London designing a fantasy board game, titled the Middle Kingdom of Mu. In quiet moments, often travelling overseas on business, I had fun writing the lore and exploring different realms. Why a board game? Back then, I thought digital games would deprive our two sons of social interaction and limit their development. How the world has changed since.

Although my early career was in marketing, I never thought about creative writing, let alone whether I had the aptitude or the time. On holiday travelling to Bali, I discovered through my new Kindle, emerging novelists writing great fantasy and Sci-Fi, and this encouraged me to have a crack.

So, after years of playing the corporate warrior, I have found time to explore my creative side and give chase to wondrous ideas and storytelling that I never knew existed and sides to me I didn't know about. Yep, it's a bit self-revealing; who would have thought?

I've found that reading fantasy, especially epic fantasy, requires time and effort to allow yourself to be immersed in new worlds and their lore. So, I built a graphic website for readers to explore the World of Mu and learn about its history, lore and key characters. I'm hoping this extra effort will make the reader's journey more enjoyable and easier. Visiting www.sagaofsix.com may help you decide whether this saga is of interest before taking the plunge.

I now live in Sydney helping business owners to develop and grow their businesses (which I enjoy and pays the bills), and with the rest of my time, I pursue the wonderous."

Click here to visit the official Saga of the Six Realms website (Reader's Companion Site).

Information about Emperor of Mu:

It begins on the eve of civil war with Emperor Constantine summoning his closest confidant Salvarre to a private meeting. Sworn to secrecy, he instructs Salvarre to dispatch a letter to the Sorceress of the Powers, but the news arrives too late. Constantine is murdered, and Mu is thrown into turmoil as the rulers of the six realms decide who is to become the next emperor.

While Mu elects a successor, the outland races stir. The hunt for those with forbidden dark elf blood threatens another Elvic War. To the north, rumours spread of dragons returning after a three hundred cycle absence. In the desert lands, the fearless Imanishi defend the empire from the night demons, while South of Mu, the sea invaders consolidate their rule.

This is a story of rivalry, romances, and battles between race and kind alike that keeps you guessing with its twists and turns. Set in the medieval world of Mu, where the powers of the mind and mysticism set apart the extraordinary, this new series redefines what it means to be human.

If you like a fast-moving epic with mystery and intrigue set on a big stage, please consider this page-turner.

REVIEW: EMPEROR OF MU BY JASON BEVERIDGE

Read more...

Cooper Wearne
Level: 1
Cooper Wearne replied the topic: Review: Emperor of Mu by Jason Beveridge
3 weeks 2 days ago #2

I really enjoyed the novel and thought the review was spot on. I think you hit the nail on the head when you set out that the book is for the reader who likes a complex story and likes to pay attention to the world building that the author has dreamed up but at the same time moves at a refreshingly quick pace. I found Kingdom of Mu fancinating and easy to digest. Would recommend to anyone looking to lose them self in a grand fantasy epic and an intelligent read. Will need to check out the second book.

Last edit: 3 weeks 2 days ago by Cooper Wearne. Reason: Typos
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jason Beveridge

Online 56 visitors
Newest member: Bianca Cole
Total members: 4991