Buddy Flick Epic Fantasy for Busy People by Gail Z. Martin

Seregil of Rhiminee
Administrator
Level: 101
Seregil of Rhiminee created the topic: Buddy Flick Epic Fantasy for Busy People by Gail Z. Martin
5 months 1 day ago #1

Risingshadow has the honour of featuring a guest post by Gail Z. Martin. This guest post is part of The Hawthorn Moon blog tour.

The Hawthorn Moon is the annual summer blog tour for Gail Z. Martin, and features guest blog posts, giveaways, surprises, excerpts and more on blogs worldwide.

Buddy Flick Epic Fantasy for Busy People by Gail Z. Martin

Read more...

Dave Dobson
Level: 4
Dave Dobson replied the topic: Buddy Flick Epic Fantasy for Busy People by Gail Z. Martin
4 months 18 hours ago #2

This was an interesting article for me. I also tried for a buddy flick feel for my first fantasy novel, Flames Over FrosthelmFlames Over Frosthelm . In my case, in contrast to the assassins mentioned here, I wrote a buddy cop story, since both main characters are also in law enforcement (albeit medieval law enforcement). Having two protagonists with such a strong relationship really adds some connection and support to the story, I feel, and it was definitely fun to write dialogue for two characters who were already fast friends and willing to sass each other. I'll have to check out Ms. Martin's work.

Last edit: 4 months 18 hours ago by Dave Dobson. Reason: Clarifying a point I didn't make well in the first draft

Online 59 visitors
Newest member: Stacey Matthews
Total members: 5209