An interview with Ennis Rook Bashe

06 Oct 2021 07:42 #1 :: Seregil of Rhiminee
An interview with Ennis Rook Bashe

Ennis Rook BasheRisingshadow has had an opportunity to interview Ennis Rook Bashe.

AN INTERVIEW WITH ENNIS ROOK BASHE

- Could you tell us something about yourself in your own words? What inspired you to become an author? Have any authors, books or stories been a source of inspiration to you?

I’m a gay nerd who spends a lot of time on the Internet. Writing has always been a hobby of mine- I released my first novella Bluebell Hall, when I was in high school- but I started getting serious about it when I became disabled in college and couldn’t participate in other hobbies. I love books that make me cry, make me want to write fanfiction, or make me want to kiss a stranger, or especially all of the above at once.

I follow a lot of authors on social media who are doing amazing work in the genre, such as Jeannette Ng, Merc Fenn Wolfmoor, Kai Cheng Thom, Ada Hoffman, Rivers Solomon, and Seanan McGuire. They make me rethink not only how I write, but also how I discuss and analyze writing. And I adore Tamsyn Muir, whose protagonists lowkey invented being a mean goth lesbian.

Right now, I’m obsessed with Reese Morrison and Eli Wray, two authors who are writing the sweetest contemporary LGBT+ romance. I don’t usually read contemporary, but the tenderness and intimacy in their work really draws me in.

Read more...