January 19, 2021
1 topic | Darkki
Book: The Serpent's Mirror
January 18, 2021
1 topic | Diane Schindler
Book: The Doors of Stone
January 12, 2021
1 topic | Darkki

A review of Justyna Plichta-Jendzio's Dark Children of Naor and Evil Children of Naor

More
02 Oct 2013 15:03 #1 by Seregil of Rhiminee

Justyna Plichta-Jendzio's Dark Children of Naor was published in August 2012 and Evil Children of Naor was published in August 2013.

Information about Justyna Plichta-Jendzio:

Justyna Plichta-Jendzio was born in Koszalin (Poland) in 1974, and still resides near there. Married for sixteen years, she is the mother of one son and the happy owner of two spoiled cats. Justyna was lucky to live at the crossroads of two ages, communism and capitalism. When she was fifteen, communism fell in Poland. That time allowed her to see different reality, incomprehensible for future generations. It was also the chance to touch the past and have a glimpse at the remains of nineteenth century life, which survived especially in the Eastern parts of Poland till the end of the 1980's.

Justyna's works are very strongly influenced by her interests. The range of the interest is wide. She is fond of Ancient and Medieval history. She also improves her knowledge of history of the world's two main religions and their influence in societies, global and local policy and the development of civilization. She likes to know cultures that are regarded as exotic, both present and ancient. She is fond of nature and geography. As a writer, Justyna loves to read ancient legends, myths and mysterious stories. All of this is seen in her writing.

Information about Dark Children of Naor:

In a world where hunters become prey in the flash of an eye, where people you know and love betrays you - who can you trust? Our dragon? Visit Naor and maybe you'll find out.

What would you do if you changed from hunter to prey? What would you do if someone you'd just met turned out to be someone else? What would you do if a member of your family betrayed you?

The world of Naor is a world created by Ulse, the God of brightness, and is ruled by his rights and filled with creatures of his work. And yet it hides darkness - darkness created by Ulse's brother, Hodgorn, the master of evil. This darkness infects human hearts, drives wars and diseases, and creates terrible beings - atrocities to gods of brightness and an insult to their work. They become rampant like a disease that must be exterminated.

What would you do in the face of an embodied evil?

Information about Evil Children of Naor:

There are many laws in the world of Naor, but all its creatures absolutely have to respect one: never let in, create or help the evil children of Hodgorn, the God of darkness. This is a sin that can never be forgotten or forgiven by the Gods of light. Other guilts can be redeemed and expiated. Yet, evil fights for the souls of Naor's creatures. It hides everywhere, even buried deep in human nature, waiting for the moment to attack and possess its victims. No one is safe.

Namaris is a regular noblewoman living on the northern side of the Engaris Empire. She only desires to find a suitable husband and live a happy life. Tarion is a knight of Kemeid's Order who carries a letter from his Grand Master to Ranidor Castle. Jansemi is a daughter of a leader of the Isher clan, living on the endless steppes of Elmor. None of them are aware that evil has chosen them for its victims. None of them expect that they will have to fight over their souls. Damnation or salvation is at stake.

A REVIEW OF JUSTYNA PLICHTA-JENDZIO'S DARK CHILDREN OF NAOR AND EVIL CHILDREN OF NAOR

Read more...

More
04 Oct 2013 12:58 #2 by Justyna Plichta-Jendzio
If you would like to read an interview about the alternative way for foreign authors to publish on English-speaking market I give you a link to Cheryl's Mewsings site, the editor of Salon Futura and the former non-fiction editor for Clarkesworld Magazine.
www.cheryl-morgan.com/?p=17784
In the interview I present my story, what I did to offer my books to English-speaking writers

Have a pleasant reading! Justyna Plichta-Jendzio

More
More
11 Mar 2014 01:24 #4 by Justyna Plichta-Jendzio
I'd like to invite You to visit "World of Naor" on facebook to see some graphics to my dark fantasy stories.

www.facebook.com/pages/World-of-Naor/420826167993043

See you there!
Justyna Plichta-Jendzio