Latest topics

Latest Posts

A review of Hannu Rajaniemi: Collected Fiction

Seregil of Rhiminee
Administrator
Level: 101
Seregil of Rhiminee created the topic: A review of Hannu Rajaniemi: Collected Fiction
4 years 5 months ago #1

Hannu Rajaniemi: Collected Fiction will be published by Tachyon Publications in May 2015.

Information about Hannu Rajaniemi:

Hannu Rajaniemi, author of The Quantum Thief, The Fractal Prince, and The Causal Angel was born in Finland and completed his doctorate in Mathematical Physics at the University of Edinburgh. His works have received Finland's top science fiction honor, the Tahtivaeltaja Award, as well as the John W. Campbell Award for the best first science fiction novel in the United States. Rajaniemi lives in Edinburgh, Scotland, and will be moving to San Francisco, California in 2015.

Click here to visit the author's Twitter page.

Information about Hannu Rajaniemi: Collected Fiction:

Inside the firewall the city is alive. Buildings breathe, cars attack, angels patrol, and hyper-intelligent pets rebel.

With unbridled invention and breakneck adventure, Hannu Rajaniemi is on the cutting-edge of science fiction. His post-apocalyptic, post-cyberpunk, and post-human tales are full of exhilarating energy and unpredictable optimism.

How will human nature react when the only limit to desire is creativity? When the distinction between humans and gods is as small as nanomachines - or as large as the universe? Whether the next big step in technology is 3D printing, genetic alteration, or unlimited space travel, Rajaniemi writes about what happens after.

A REVIEW OF HANNU RAJANIEMI: COLLECTED FICTION

Read more...

Sini
Administrator
Level: 40
Sini replied the topic: A review of Hannu Rajaniemi: Collected Fiction
4 years 5 months ago #2

I will definitely be reading this one! Seregil, did you find his language hard to follow? I don't know if I should wait for a Finnish translation, as his Jean le Flambeur -trilogy had such a hard terminology that I read the translation. Adored it and recommend Hannu's books to everyone!

Seregil of Rhiminee
Administrator
Level: 101
Seregil of Rhiminee replied the topic: A review of Hannu Rajaniemi: Collected Fiction
4 years 5 months ago #3

Sini wrote: I will definitely be reading this one! Seregil, did you find his language hard to follow? I don't know if I should wait for a Finnish translation, as his Jean le Flambeur -trilogy had such a hard terminology that I read the translation. Adored it and recommend Hannu's books to everyone!

No, I didn't find the author's language hard to follow, but it's possible that it may take a bit of time for readers to get used to the author's writing style. He has his own way of writing about the happenings and characters, and he uses quite a lot of terminology in certain stories. (I've often read this kind of speculative fiction, so I think I'm used to reading it.)

I personally recommend this collection to everyone who wants to read good science fiction. It's an excellent short story collection.

Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Seregil of Rhiminee.

Online 41 visitors
Newest member: vik
Total members: 5167