Star Trek : Into Darkness

• Sini's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sini
    Archwizard
    Level 40

31 May 2013 11:38 #1 :: Sini
What, no one has yet had anything to say about this? Well I guess I have to start a topic!

Saw this last week and was really impressed how they had added the old story to this new film. (So you may want to watch The Wrath of Khan and the original series episode Space Seed!) I liked the 2009 Star Trek film a lot, but this was even better.

Anyone?

• Darkki
    Archwizard
    Level 71

31 May 2013 12:10 #2 :: Darkki
Haven't seen it yet, but definitely going see this pretty soon. Trailer looks really nice!

27 Jun 2013 16:46 #3 :: Rasimus
I think this one was more Star Trek than the first one. In attitude and style. First one was a little bit too much of regular action scifi flick.

I actually liked the movie and enjoyed watching actors who talk, behave, and often look like original series characters. Also, movie had pretty well handled theme of different perspectives of Kirk and Spock, showing that both had their strengths and weaknesses.

But I do have some complaints as well:
- After Heroes-tv-series, I expect Spock to open someone's head at any moment :tongue:
- Khan of this movie wasn't Khan I knew :sad:
Warning: Spoiler!

25 Sep 2013 03:24 #4 :: Moonlord
I saw this too recently but I was bit disappointed. I liked the previous Star Trek more. Somehow this just didn't feel like Star Trek movie. Khan was great opponent though.

07 Dec 2013 17:17 #5 :: Baldric
Loved it. I am grateful they resurrected the series with some truly great actors. I am biased of course as I grew up with the original series and we had to put up with dreadful props and poor effects generally, but it was still amazing.