Latest topics

Latest Posts

Mad Scientist Journal: I Didn't Break the Lamp Anthology - Kickstarter Project

Seregil of Rhiminee
Administrator
Level: 100
Seregil of Rhiminee created the topic: Mad Scientist Journal: I Didn't Break the Lamp Anthology - Kickstarter Project
1 month 1 day ago #1

Mad Scientist Journal: I Didn't Break the Lamp Anthology - Kickstarter Project

Mad Scientist Journal presents our sixth anthology of short fiction, I Didn't Break the Lamp - Historical Accounts of Imaginary Acquaintances!

We want to create a collection of science fiction, fantasy, and horror stories about imaginary friends and imaginary enemies, and maybe some that fall somewhere in the middle. Each story is written from the perspective of someone who has had an imaginary acquaintance, seen their impacts, or possibly been an imaginary acquaintance.

Stories will be solicited after we've funded, so we don't have a table of contents. But here are the types of stories we imagine seeing:

- A monster under the bed or in the closet who helps or hinders the person they watch over.
- An imaginary friend who always gets their person into or out of trouble … but to what end?
- A creature that no one believes is real, until they prove their impact.

In the past, we've seen amazing stories that have blown our minds with how they play with the theme. We are certain that this anthology will be no different. We have often published first-time authors and actively seek out authors from otherwise marginalized groups.

This will be our sixth anthology, and the previous five have all been well received.

- "If you enjoy eerie writing and appreciate a diverse collection of authors and writing styles, I strongly recommend this anthology."
- "LOVED this collection of fiction. I read this book cover to cover immediately."
- "I've really enjoyed Mad Scientist Journal's anthology series of historical accounts, I eagerly backed the last two on Kickstarter, and I think this is the strongest one to date."
- "Every single story in this collection is wonderfully creepy and totally engaging."
- "Consistently superior writing coupled with outstanding editing."
- "I enjoyed it from cover to cover, and would recommend it to my friends."
- "This one is worth both your time and your money."
- "So many amazing stories that I would read if they were turned into full novels."

More information can be found here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bolthy/i-didnt-break-the-lamp

Other links:

Mad Scientist Journal Facebook page
Mad Scientist Journal Twitter page

Last edit: 1 month 1 day ago by Seregil of Rhiminee.

Online 46 visitors
Newest member: Robert T. Bradley
Total members: 5066