Latest topics

Latest Posts

TRACY BUCKLES premieres on Vimeo — a fantasy comedy with an R-rated kick

Seregil of Rhiminee
Administrator
Level: 101
Seregil of Rhiminee created the topic: TRACY BUCKLES premieres on Vimeo — a fantasy comedy with an R-rated kick
6 months 1 week ago #1

TRACY BUCKLES premieres on Vimeo — a fantasy comedy
 with an R-rated kick

LOS ANGELES, CA (March 4, 2019) - TRACY BUCKLES is an award-winning fantasy web series that has been described as a mash-up between Harry Potter and a Judd Apatow comedy.

It is scheduled for worldwide release on Vimeo on March 4, 2019.

Watch the episodes on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/album/5807934
or on the official Tracy Buckles website: https://www.tracybuckles.com

In a world where spells and potions are commonplace, a young woman named Tracy Buckles is struck by a despicable curse that prevents other people from hearing her voice. She joins forces with a nameless drifter and a bumbling wizard in order to break free from the evil sorcery. With a dynamic female lead, plenty of irreverent humor and a sprinkle of magic, TRACY BUCKLES tells an epic story across six fast-paced episodes.

The web series stars newcomers Ana Lake, Macie Wilson and Sergio Gavidia. It was written and directed by Swedish-born filmmaker Robin Nyström.

Filmmaker's Statement

I was seven years old when I first discovered a paperback copy of J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Fellowship of the Ring in my elementary school library. Ever since then, I have loved the fantasy genre. Twenty-some years later, I seized the opportunity to create a world where spells, potions and curses are as commonplace as toasters and televisions in our own reality. TRACY BUCKLES is a love letter to fantastical storytelling and the kind of irreverent humor found in Douglas Adams’ The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy and Terry Pratchett’s Discworld novels.

Beyond the magic and the absurdist comedy, I also wanted to ground the story with thematic resonance and relatable characters. Our web series portrays a young woman by the name of Tracy who falls victim to a despicable curse that prevents other people from hearing her voice. It was important for me to craft a protagonist that was heroic and headstrong and impulsive and courageous — qualities that you find in Tracy and that I’ve often found in the women I look up to in my life. Later on, she meets a nameless drifter called No One who is plagued by a curse of invisibility. Tracy and No One form an immediate friendship, because they both understand the pain of not being seen or heard. I think we’ve all felt that struggle in one way or another — the pain of not being listened to or of being misunderstood. I know I have. It was a theme that I considered strong enough to carry a web series.

I’m deeply grateful to the cast and crew of TRACY BUCKLES. I’m proud that we came together and planted a seed of magic into this world. I hope there are viewers out there who discover that seed and are enchanted by it.

Robin Nyström
Writer/Director of Tracy Buckles

Awards

TRACY BUCKLES has won three festival awards:

Best Produced Series,
Best Young Adult Series, and

Best Actress in a Web Series.

The show was nominated for ten awards, including:

Best Series Director,
Best Sci-Fi Fantasy,
Best Representation of Women,
Best Comedic Performance, and
Best Overall Web Series.

Last edit: 6 months 1 week ago by Seregil of Rhiminee.

Online 33 visitors
Newest member: Mahendra Bansod
Total members: 5170