More
19 Jan 2015 16:48 - 19 Jan 2015 17:32 #1 by Seregil of Rhiminee
Haterz
By James Goss

UK: 9781781083000 | 12th March 2015 | £7.99
US: 9781781083017| 24th February 2015 | $7.99

Available in paperback and ebook

www.solarisbooks.com

“There’s something wrong with the internet. If you think about it for a second, you’ll see I’m right.
I mean, I’m not saying the internet made me kill Danielle,
but it certainly helped.”

Is there someone online who really annoys you? Who is always bragging, posting too many pictures and just doesn't get jokes? Look at your Twitter feed, don't you get cross at the endless rage, bigotry and the pleading for celebrity retweets?

Haterz is the bitingly brilliant independent debut from James Gross. A darkly satirical novel of social media murder and cat memes, shot through with a prophetic sense of dark humour that fans of Charlie Brooker’s Black Mirror will recognise, and poised to become a cult hit for 2015.

Meet Dave. He decides that unfollowing someone just isn't enough. He's determined to make the internet a nicer place, and he won't stop at murder in order to achieve it. When he kills his best friend's girlfriend, he isn't planning on changing the world. She was just really annoying on Facebook.

But someone saw, and made him an offer. Someone who knows what he’s capable of, and wants to use him to take control of the darkness at the heart of the internet. And now the bodies – the comment trolls, the sexual predators,
the obnoxious pop stars – are starting to mount up...

In Haterz Goss fantastically and ruthlessly holds up a mirror to society in this blackly comic Orwellian crime novel for the 21st Century, which tackles everything we understand about our relationship with the internet; Haterz is in equal parts hilarious and terrifying, and guaranteed to make you look again at the world, both on and offline.

Launch event

James Goss will be launching Haterz at Forbidden Planet, London on Thursday 12th March at 6-7 pm:

179 Shaftesbury Avenue
London
WC2H 8JR

This event is free to attend.

‘James Goss is dangerous. His work makes you laugh one moment then, just as he’s weakened your defenses, he attacks with a killing blow.’ - Guy Adams, author of The Clown Service

About the author

James Goss has written three Torchwood novels, a Doctor Who novel and two radio plays. He won Best Audiobook 2010 and his books Dead of Winter and First Born were both nominated for the 2012 British Fantasy Awards. He is currently novelising Douglas Adams' City Of Death, originally a Doctor Who script written by Douglas Adams. Haterz will be his independent debut.
Last edit: 19 Jan 2015 17:32 by Seregil of Rhiminee.