January 12, 2021
1 topic | Darkki

To the Gallows by G. S. Luckett

More
23 Mar 2015 10:50 - 23 Mar 2015 10:51 #1 by Seregil of Rhiminee
To the Gallows
(The Legend of Cole Winters #1)
by G. S. Luckett

Cole Winters is one of the first African-American lawman of the Old West. In the 19th century, the Indian Territory was a place where there was a thin line between lawmen and outlaws. After being raised by Native Americans, Cole Winters was hired by the U.S. Marshals Service to track down and bring back outlaws from the Territories. Dead or alive. When his gun fighter brother, Joseph Two Guns, becomes wanted for a crime he did not commit, Cole does the only thing he can to get his brother justice... He hunts him down.

To the Gallows, is a classic Western with fast-paced gunfights and martial arts action of the time. It is the beginning chronicle of a man the Native Americans called The Buffalo Ghost and the legend that followed.

Information about the author

G. S. Luckett is a screenwriter and indie author of dark fantasy and supernatural action thrillers.

Click here to visit the author's official website.

Click here to visit the author's Facebook page.

Click here to visit the author's Twitter page.

A short review of To the Gallows

I don't normally read Western books, because I tend to watch only well made Western films and TV series, but I was interested in taking a look at To the Gallows, because I enjoyed reading G. S. Luckett's Gates and Alpha Hunter, which were speculative fiction.

I was surprised that I found myself liking this book, because I seldom read this kind of fiction. The reason why I liked this book is that the author had created a good atmosphere and wrote well about the happenings.

Before I write more about this book, I'll ask you three questions:

1. Do you like to read Westerns?

2. Do you enjoy watching Westerns?

3. Have you perhaps enjoyed watching HBO's gritty Deadwood or AMC's intriguing Hell on Wheels?

If you answered "yes" to these questions, then you'll most likely enjoy G. S. Luckett's To the Gallows.

In my opinion the author evokes vivid images of Old West where human life didn't mean much and life was different from what it is now. The story is wonderfully vivid and you can almost see the dust blowing across the landscapes and see how people lived in the Old West.

The author creates an addictive story and hooks the reader so that he/she has to read the whole story. This is a good thing, because I think it's fun to read addictive and thrilling stories.

Cole Winters is an interesting protagonist, because he's an African-American man. The author writes fluently about his life and doings.

If you enjoy reading good Western stories (or if you want to take a break from reading speculative fiction books), To the Gallows is good and thrilling entertainment.
Last edit: 23 Mar 2015 10:51 by Seregil of Rhiminee.