Locus Award 1999.
Acclaimed writer and editor Robert Silverberg gathered eleven of the finest writers in Fantasy to contribute to this collection of short novels. Each of the writers was asked to write a new story based on one of his or her most famous series: from Stephen King's opening piece set in his popular Gunslinger universe to Robert Jordan's early look at his famed Wheel of Time saga, these stories are exceptionally well written and universally well told.
The authors include King, Jordan, and Silverberg himself, as well as Terry and Lyn Pratchett, Terry Goodkind, Orson Scott Card, Ursula K. Le Guin, Tad Williams, George R.R. Martin, Anne McCaffrey, and Raymond E. Feist.
- Stephen King: The Little Sisters of Eluria (The Dark Tower)
- Terry Goodkind: Debt of Bones (The Sword of Truth)
- Orson Scott Card: Grinning Man (The Tales of Alvin Maker)
- Robert Silverberg: The Seventh Shrine (Majipoor)
- Ursula K. Le Guin: Dragonfly (Earthsea)
- Raymond E. Feist: The Wood Boy (The Riftwar Saga)
- Terry Pratchett: The Sea and Little Fishes (Discworld)
- George R. R. Martin: The Hedge Knight (A Song of Ice and Fire)
- Tad Williams: The Burning Man (Memory, Sorrow and Thorn)
- Anne McCaffrey: Runner of Pern (Dragonriders of Pern)
- Robert Jordan: The New Spring (The Wheel of Time)