fantasy, anthology, young adult
Welcome to Sherwood Forest. Legends loom large among the ancient trees, and stories of Robin Hood and his band of merry men abound. The renowned hero of the people, celebrated adversary of the sheriff, and famed thief of Nottingham is alive in the heart of the forest and in the mind of the storyteller. Eight of today's most respected fantasy authors, including Jane Yolen, Anna Kirwan, and Nancy Springer weave enchanting new stories about Robin Hood, past and present. From a magical account of Robin's birth, to the story behind an early meeting of young Robin and Marian, to a modern-day fable about Robin Hood and the Internet, these tales promise to charm and delight Robin Hood fans young and old.
Edited by Jane Yolen.
- Introduction: Welcome to Sherwood Forest by Jane Yolen
- Our Lady of the Greenwood by Jane Yolen
- Marian by Maxine Trottier
- Under the Bending Yew by Anna Kirwan
- Know Your True Enemy by Nancy Springer
- The Children's War by Timons Esaias
- Straight and True by Robert J. Harris
- At Fountain Abbey by Mary Frances Zambreno
- Robin Hood v. 1.5.3. by Adam Stemple