Notions: UnlimitedRobert Sheckley
science fiction, short stories
A collection of stories.
- Gray Flannel Armor: Dating problems of the late 20th century.
- The Leech: Feed it and it grows.
- Watchbird: Who watches the Watchbirds?
- A Wind is Rising: All new planets have weather problems.
- Morning After: Hangover in the...mm, jungle...?
- The Native Problem: Danta was the only native of New Tahiti, until the white men came.
- Feeding Time: The sole diet of the Gryphon is young virgins.
- Paradise II: Hungry ghosts in the, um, machine?
- Double Indemnity: Time doesn't pay...does it?
- Holdout: A Mountain-Georgian will work with any race. Except...
- Dawn Invader: Welcome to the cooperation. Wanna fight?
- The Language of Love: I love you this much...
Robert Sheckley (1928–2005) was a Hugo and Nebula nominated American author. First published in the science fiction magazines of the 1950s, his numerous quick-witted stories and novels were famously unpredictable, absurdist and comical.
Sheckley was given the Author Emeritus honor by the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America in 2001.