Edited by Philip Athans.
An all-new anthology showcasing the dragons of the Forgotten Realms world, including a new story from New York Times best-selling author R.A. Salvatore.
This anthology features all-new stories by R.A. Salvatore, Ed Greenwood, Elaine Cunningham, and the authors of the R.A. Salvatore's War of the Spider Queen series. It fleshes out many of the details from the current Year of Rogue Dragons trilogy by Richard Lee Byers and includes a short story by Byers. The artwork on the cover is part of a four-panel Matt Stawicki piece that can be seen as a whole only when matched with the covers from the Rogue Dragons trilogy.
- The Topaz Dragon by Jess Lebow
- Soulbound by Paul S. Kemp
- First Flight by Edward Bolme
- Gorlist's Dragon by Elaine Cunningham
- The Keeper of Secrets by Ed Greenwood
- Wickless in the Nether by R. A. Salvatore
- Serpestrillvyth by Richard Baker
- Waylaid by Thomas M. Reid
- Standard Delving Procedure by Lisa Smedman
- An Icy Heart by Voronica Whitney-Robinson
- Penitential Rites by Keith Francis Strohm
- How Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth by Dave Gross
- Beer with a Fat Dragon by Don Bassingthwaite
- The Prisoner of Hulburg by Richard Lee Byers
- About the Authors by Philip Athans
Philip Athans (born 1964) was raised in Chicago. He graduated from film school in 1985 and started small circulation literary magazine called Alternative Fiction & Poetry.
In 1997, Athans became Managing Editor for Wizards of the Coast Book Publishing, where he has spent most of his time as the Forgotten Realms novel line editor. There he has edited dozens of anthologies and novels, and continues to write his own. His most recent works are the three novels in the Watercourse Trilogy.
Philip Athans. Wikipedia.