Azinger's series is
fast-paced action-packed fantasy. Kingdoms and characters come alive as
they are woven together through twisting plots, surprising and
delighting the reader with each chapter.
In a world of forgotten magic, the kingdoms of Erdhe are nothing more than a chessboard for the gods. The players are being positioned for an epic struggle where lives, loves and crowns hang in the balance, yet few mortals understand the rules.
In this game of power, pawns of light and darkness will make the difference in the battle for the future of the world:
• Katherine, ‘The Imp’: a young princess with the stout heart of a warrior will challenge the minions of a thousand-year-old evil.
• Liandra: The Spider Queen; who uses her beauty to beguile, her spies to foresee, and her gold to control, will need all of her skill and strength to fight a rebellion with her own blood at it's heart.
• Magda, a silver-haired grandmother who has been stripped of all she holds dear will be underestimated in the fight against a false religion.
• Cereus, an oracle priestess, will ply her powers of dark magic and seduction in her quest for immortality.
• Steffan, the puppeteer, will corrupt the innocent and unwary with greed and desire, as he sets fire to an entire kingdom.
Karen L. Azinger has always loved fantasy fiction, and always hoped that someday she could give back to the genre a little of the joy that reading has always given her. Twelve years ago on a hike in the Columbia River Gorge she realized she had enough original ideas to finally write an epic fantasy. She started writing and never stopped. The Steel Queen, her first book, born from that hike in the gorge, became the start of The Silk & Steel Saga (SASS). Silk & Steel was originally intended to be a trilogy but the story was so epic, she ended up writing a sweeping seven book saga. The saga is now finished! The Steel Queen, The Flame Priest, The Skeleton King, The Poison Priestess, The Knight Marshal, The ... (more)
Written by Baldric 2014-07-17
Thanks for advising me to read this, Sami, good advice. It definitely has an appeal and I will be reading book 2. A good read with some excellent characterisation and well crafted plot. This book has a nice feel to it. The heroes develop nicely and there's a multitude of possibilities developing. Very well honed fantasy with a good potential for more to come. I enjoyed this book.