Edited by George R.R. Martin.
The fifth volume in the Wild Cards alternate universe saga is set in the New York City of 1986. The simmering streets of Jokertown have erupted, as gang war breaks out between ruthless rivals: the Shadow Fists and the Mafia. As the violence rages out of control, even the metahuman Aces and Jokers alike are forced to go underground and wage their own war against the powers of the netherworld!
- Only the Dead Know Jokertown by John J. Miller
- All the King's Horses by George R. R. Martin
- Concerto for Siren and Serotonin by Roger Zelazny
- Breakdown by Leanne C. Harper
- Jesus Was An Ace by Arthur Byron Cover
- Blood Ties by Melinda M. Snodgrass
- The Second Coming of Buddy Holley by Edward Bryant
- The Hue of a Mind by Stephen Leigh
- Addicted to Love by Pat Cadigan
- Takedown by Leanne C. Harper
- Mortality by Walter Jon Williams
- What Rough Beast... by Leanne C. Harper
George Raymond Richard Martin (born 1948 in Bayonne, New Jersey), is an American author and screenwriter of science fiction, horror, and fantasy. He majored from Norhwestern University in 1970.
Martin sold his first science fiction story in 1971 and has been writing professionally since then. He spent ten years in Hollywood as a writer-producer, working on various television series and feature films. In the mid ‘90s he returned to prose, his first love, and began work on his epic fantasy series, A Song of Ice and Fire. He has been in the Seven Kingdoms ever since. Whenever he’s allowed to leave, he returns to Santa Fe, New Mexico, where he lives with lovely Parris, and two cats named Augustus and Caligula, who think they run the place.
Martin is the editor of the Wild Cards series.
He has won four Hugos, two Nebulas and a World Fantasy Award.
Wild Cards :: Series
Into a world hungry for peace, comes a spaceship ferrying chaos...
An alien bomb is detonated above the planet, shedding an indiscriminate gene virus on an Earth barely recovered from the horrors of World War ll. The result: Wild Cards. ACES blessed with superhuman powers and JOKERS cursed with bizarre physical and mental disfigurements.
This is their story.