Enter the lair of the galaxy's most notorious criminal in nineteen stories from today's masters of science fiction.
In the dusty heat of twin-sunned Tatooine lives the wealthiest gangster in a hundred worlds, master of a vast crime empire and keeper of vicious, flesh-eating monster for the entertainment(and disposal of his enemies). Bloated and sinister, Jabba the Hutt might have made a good joke – if he weren't so dangerous. A cast of soldiers, spies, assassins, scoundrels, bounty hunters, and pleasure seekers have come to his palace, and every visitor to Jabba's grand abode has a story. Some of them may even live to tell it...
- A Boy and His Monster: The Rancor keeper's Tale by Kevin J. Anderson
- Taster's Choice: The Tale of Jabba's Chef by Barbara Hambly
- That's Entertainment: The Tale of Salacious Crumb by Esther M. Friesner
- A Time to Mourn, a Time to Dance: Oola's Tale by Kathy Tyers
- Let Us Prey: The Whiphid's Tale by Marina Fitch and Mark Budz
- Sleight of Hand: The Tale of Mara Jade by Timothy Zahn
- And Then There Were Some: The Gamorrean Guard's Tale by William F. Wu
- Old Friends: Ephant Mon's Tale by Kenneth C. Flint
- Goatgrass: The Tale of Ree-Yees by Deborah Wheeler
- And the Band Played On: The Band's Tale by John Gregory Betancourt
- Of the Day's Annoyances: Bib Fortuna's Tale by M. Shayne Bell
- The Great God Quay: The Tale of Barada and the Weequays by George Alec Effinger
- A Bad Feeling: The Tale of EV-9D9 by Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens
- A Free Quarren in the Palace: Tessek's Tale by Dave Wolverton
- Tongue-tied: Bubo's Tale by Daryl F. Mallett
- Out of the Closet: The Assassin's Tale by Jennifer Roberson
- Shaara and the Sarlacc: The Skiff Guard's Tale by Dan'l Danehy-Oakes
- A Barve Like That: The Tale of Boba Fett by J. D. Montgomery
- Skin Deep: The Fat Dancer's Tale by A. C. Crispin
- Epilogue: Whatever Became of...?