THE SOOKIE STACKHOUSE COMPANION is a unique guide to Sookie Stackhouse and her dark fantasy southern-Gothic world, as well as an in-depth look at the award-winning HBO series TRUE BLOOD.
The book will feature a brand-new Sookie story and Charlaine's own map of Bon Temps, never before published, with every place of interest in the town, including Merlotte's bar and Sookie's home.
Other treats include:
* An introduction by Charlaine about the impact Sookie Stackhouse has had on her writing career, and the influence on the genre at large.
* A large section on the award-winning HBO series TRUE BLOOD.
* Detailed summaries of each novel and entries on every important character, event and setting in the series, in Sookie's voice.
* An overview of Sookie's world, including information on the vampires, shapeshifter/wereanimal, and fairie factions.
* An extensive interview with Charlaine Harris.
* A selection of favourite Bon Temps recipes.
Charlaine Harris (born November 25, 1951 in Tunica, Mississippi) is a New York Times bestselling author who has been writing for over twenty years. She was raised in the Mississippi River Delta area. Though her early works consisted largely of poems about ghosts and, later, teenage angst, she wrote plays when she attended Rhodes College in Memphis, Tennessee. She began to write books a few years later.
After publishing two stand-alone mysteries, Harris launched a lighthearted series "starring" Georgia librarian Aurora Teagarden, with Real Murders, a Best Novel nominee for the 1990 Agatha Awards. Harris wrote eight Aurora titles. In 1996, she released the first of the much darker Shakespeare mysteries, featuring the amateur sleuth ... (more)
Written by Sini (2013-10-07)
I'm giving this book four stars because I really liked the short story in it. Also there were interesting interviews of Ms. Harris and Mr. Ball. I think the most interesting part in Ms. Harris's interview was that she revealed she has an agenda hidden in the Sookie books and after the short story I think I know what it is and I approve.