A brand-new Elemental Masters novel from national bestselling author Mercedes Lackey.
Richard Whitestone is an Elemental Earth Master. Blaming himself for the death of his beloved wife in childbirth, he has sworn never to set eyes on his daughter, Suzanne. But when he finally sees her, a dark plan takes shape in his twisted mind — to use his daughter’s body to bring back the spirit of his long-dead wife.
Mercedes Ritchie Lackey (born 1950) is an American writer of fantasy novels. Many of her novels and trilogies are interlinked and set in the world of Velgarth, mostly in and around the country of Valdemar. Her Valdemar novels form a complex tapestry of interaction between human and non-human protagonists with many different cultures and social mores.
Her other main world is one much like our own, but it includes clandestine populations of elves, mages, vampires, and other mythical beings. The Bedlam's Bard books describe a young man with the power to work magic through music; the SERRAted Edge books are about racecar driving elves; and the Diana Tregarde thrillers center on a Wiccan who combats evil.
She has also
Elemental Masters :: Series
A fantasy series taking place on an alternate earth where magic exists. The series largely focuses on Elemental Masters, people who have magical control over air, water, fire, or earth. Each book in the series is loosely based on a fairy tale.
o. The Fire Rose, based on Beauty and the Beast
1. The Serpent's Shadow, based on Snow White
2. The Gates of Sleep, based on Sleeping Beauty
3. Phoenix And Ashes, based on Cinderella
4. The Wizard of London, based on The Snow Queen
5. Reserved for the Cat, based on Puss in Boots
6. Unnatural Issue, based on Donkeyskin or similar tale
7. Home From the Sea, based on East of the Sun and West of the Moon, Tam Lin, and The Great Silkie of Sule Skerry
8. Steadfast, based on the Steadfast Tin Soldier
9. Blood Red, based on Red Riding Hood
10. From a High Tower, based on Rapunzel
11. A Study in Sable, featuring Sherlock Holmes
12. A Scandal in Battersea
13. The Bartered Brides