The Crawling Chaos and OthersH. P. Lovecraft
science fiction, fantasy, horror > weird fiction, short stories
Edited and introduced by S. T. Joshi.
Some of H. P. Lovecraft’s most fascinating work came from a time in his life that he was forced, by economic survival, to ghostwrite, collaborate and revise the work of others in the field.
Here Lovecraft Scholar S. T. Joshi collects the best of these revisions and collaborations in a two volume set to be published this year from Arcane Wisdom Press.
The Crawling Chaos and Others is the first of these two volumes. This edition is painstakingly annotated, and includes an introduction and bibliography by S. T. Joshi. The book is a must for the Lovecraft enthusiast and scholar alike.
This limited edition hardcover will be strictly limited to only 150 hardcover copies. They will be signed by Lovecraftian scholar S. T. Joshi and will be hand numbered on a custom signature sheet, featuring artwork by Zach McCain.
- Introduction by S. T. Joshi
- The Green Meadow (with Winifred V. Jackson)
- Poetry and the Gods (with Anna Helen Crofts)
- The Crawling Chaos (with Winifred V. Jackson)
- The Horror at Martin’s Beach (with Sonia H. Greene)
- Ashes (with C. M. Eddy, Jr.)
- The Ghost-Eater (with C. M. Eddy, Jr.)
- The Loved Dead (with C. M. Eddy, Jr.)
- Deaf, Dumb, and Blind (with C. M. Eddy, Jr.)
- Under the Pyramids (with Harry Houdini)
- Two Black Bottles (with Wilfred Blanch Talman)
- The Last Test (with Adolphe de Castro)
- The Curse of Yig (with Zealia Bishop)
- The Electric Executioner (with Adolphe de Castro)
- The Mound (with Zealia Bishop)
- Four O’Clock by Sonia H. Greene
- A Sacrifice to Science by Gustav Adolphe Danziger
- The Automatic Executioner by Gustav Adolphe Danziger
Howard Phillips Lovecraft (1890–1937) is a well known American horror, fantasy and science fiction author. He is especially known for creating the Cthulhu Mythos.
H. P. Lovecraft's readership was limited during his life, but his reputation has grown over the decades and he's regarded as one of the greatest and most influential horror writers of the 20th century. Lovecraft's short stories have inspired many authors, artists and directors.
Picture by Dominique Signoret. Source: Wikimedia Commons.