Embraces: Dark EroticaPaula Guran
International Horror Guild Award nominee 2000.
Edited by Paula Guran.
Embraces: Dark Erotica is a literate and provocative approach to the type of fiction that came to be called erotic horror in the last decade or so. Contains twenty stories from authors such as Poppy Z. Brite, Nancy Holder, David J. Schow and John Shirley.
- Introduction by Paula Guran
- You Give Me Fever by Nancy Holder
- Saturnalia by David J. Schow
- On the Dangers of Simultaneity, Or, Ungh, Mmmm, Oh-Baby-Yeah, Aaah, Oooh... UH-OH! by Robert Devereaux
- Creeps by Steve Rasnic Tem
- Torpor by Charlee Jacob
- Seeing Things by J. R. Corcorrhan
- Before the White Asylum by Rob Hardin
- Blue Boy by M. Christian
- Her Master's Hand by Dominick Cancilla
- Madly, Deeply by Connie Wilkins
- First Love by Jay Russell
- Small Bubbles by Samuel Cross
- Payback's a Bitch by Thomas S. Roche
- Director of Dolls by Anne Tourney
- Mekong Medusa by Julia Solis
- Beholder by Stephen Dedman
- Homewrecker by Poppy Z. Brite
- Matchbox Screamers by Ian Grey
- The Virgin Spring by Lorelei Shannon
- Learn at Home! Your Career in Evil! by John Shirley
- About the Writers by Paula Guran
Paula Guran is senior editor for Prime Books. She edited the Juno fantasy imprint from its small press inception through its incarnation as an imprint of Pocket Books. Guran edits the annual Year’s Best Dark Fantasy and Horror series as well as a growing number of other anthologies. In an earlier life she produced weekly email newsletter DarkEcho (winning two Stokers, an IHG award, and a World Fantasy Award nomination), edited Horror Garage (earning another IHG and a second World Fantasy nomination), and has contributed reviews, interviews, and articles to numerous professional publications.