Best New Paranormal RomancePaula Guran
fantasy, anthology, romance
Edited by Paula Guran.
Enchanting and enchanted lovers, magical romance, dark desires, otherworldly sensations, ethereal encounters, paranormal thrills, sensual spells, supernatural suspense, sizzling speculations... Highly imaginative short fiction and novellas from the best fantasy romance writers – both bestselling authors and new talent - of 2005.
- Introduction: What Is "Paranormal Romance"? by Paula Guran
- Follow Me Light by Elizabeth Bear
- Maze of Trees by Claudia O'Keefe
- The Shadowed Heart by Catherine Asaro
- Walpurgis Afternoon by Delia Sherman
- A Knot of Toads by Jane Yolen
- Calypso in Berlin by Elizabeth Hand
- Hero's Welcome by Rebecca York
- Single White Farmhouse by Heather Shaw
- Magic in a Certain Slant of Light by Deborah Coates
- Fir Na Tine by Sandra McDonald
- A Treatise on Fewmets by Sarah Prineas
- The Hard Stuff by John Grant
Paula Guran is senior editor for Prime Books. She edited the Juno fantasy imprint from its small press inception through its incarnation as an imprint of Pocket Books. Guran edits the annual Year’s Best Dark Fantasy and Horror series as well as a growing number of other anthologies. In an earlier life she produced weekly email newsletter DarkEcho (winning two Stokers, an IHG award, and a World Fantasy Award nomination), edited Horror Garage (earning another IHG and a second World Fantasy nomination), and has contributed reviews, interviews, and articles to numerous professional publications.