Illustrated by Scott M. Fischer.
You think your school's scary?
Get a load of these teachers:
- Ms. Fang, an 850-year-old vampire
- Dr. Dragonbreath, who just might eat you before recess
- Mrs. T — break the rules and spend your detention with a hungry Tyrannosaurus rex!
- Gargoyles, goblins, and Frankenstein's monster on the loose
- The world's most frighteningly delicious school lunch
- The narrator's an eleven-year-old ghost!
Join Charles "New Kid" Nukid as he makes some very Scary friends — including Petunia, Johnny, and Peter the Wolf — and figures out that Scary School can be just as funny as it is spooky!
Derek the Ghost is a pseudonym used by Derek Taylor Kent.
Derek the Ghost is an eleven-year-old ghost who haunts Scary School, writing down all the spine-tingling, often hilarious things that go on there. Despite his ghostly state, Derek still enjoys reading comic books and hopes to one day become a master ninja. If that doesn’t work out, he will continue to share the fun of this very special school, so all kids can experience the scariest school on Earth. Derek the Ghost communicates through first-time ghost whisperer Derek Taylor Kent, who is a writer and performer in Los Angeles, CA. You can visit both Dereks online at www.scaryschool.com.