A Land of AshDavid Dalglish
science fiction, anthology
Edited by David Dalglish.
The Yellowstone Caldera has erupted once every 600,000 years. We're 40,000 years overdue.
Lava flows stretch for hundreds of miles. A cloud of ash billows east, burying the Midwest, destroying crops, and falling upon the Pacific Coast like a warm, dead snow. The remnants of the United States flees south as the global temperatures plummet.
Amid this total devastation are stories of families, friends, sons and fathers and wives: the survivors. Within are eleven stories focusing on the human element of such a catastrophe, from an elderly couple gathering to await their death to a father sealing his shelter in hopes of keeping the air breathable for his daughter. Contributing to this collection include many popular and up-and-coming independent authors, including David McAfee, Daniel Arenson, and more.
- One Last Dinner Party by David Dalglish
- Alone on the Mountain by David McAfee
- Shelter by David Dalglish
- Beach Puppies by Daniel Arenson
- Toward the Storm by David Dalglish
- Last Words by Michael Crane
- Refugees by John Fitch, V
- A Harmless American by David Dalglish
- Secret Mission by David Dalglish
- The One That Matters by Robert J. Duperre
- Let It Continue by David Dalglish
David Dalglish currently lives in rural Missouri with his wife Samantha, daughter Morgan, and dog Asimov. He graduated from Missouri Southern State University in 2006 with a degree in Mathematics and currently works as a para-professional with Special Education students. He spends his free time watching PBS and Spongebob Squarepants with his daughter.